Human Resources Professional Development
For additional registration information, please contact Donna Helton Grady at 859-622-6716.
SHRM Learning System – the #1 PHR/SPHR Certification Prep Tool
If you’ve been intending to earn your Professional Human Resources (PHR) or Senior Professional in Human Resources (SPHR) designation, it may be time to enroll in our updated and expanded HRCI exam preparation course.
We offer this program in cooperation with the Society for Human Resource Management (SHRM). The curriculum, designed by subject matter experts, includes application exercises that develop specific competencies and decision-making skills. As a certification preparation program, it consistently beats the national pass rate.
By attending our course, you get the added benefits of an experienced instructor, interaction with peers, and a structured classroom environment that enhances learning and helps you stay on track. You’ll share real-world experiences with other HR professionals that can improve your workplace effectiveness immediately.
There’s never been a better time to pursue your PHR or SPHR designation. With our blended approach, you’ll learn from printed workbooks, software, online tools and a dynamic classroom experience.
Learning modules cover a wide range of HR topics. The SHRM Learning System course provides an in-depth study of key areas in human resource management. Course materials include six extensive modules that correspond to the six functional areas, responsibilities and associated knowledge defined by the Human Resource Certification Institute (HRCI):
Module 1: Business Management and Strategy
- Strategic role of HR in organizations
- HR business management skills
- Strategic planning process
- Evaluating the internal/external environment
- HR and the legislative regulatory environment
Module 2: Workforce Planning and Employment
- Employee rights, privacy, and consumer protection legislation
- Organizational staffing requirements
- Job analysis and documentation
- Recruitment, flexible staffing, selection and retention
Module 3: Human Resource Development
- Organizational development initiatives
- Adult learning and motivation; training and development
- Talent and performance management
Module 4: Compensation and Benefits
- Compensation structure and systems
- Benefit programs
- Compensation and benefits legislation
- Evaluating compensation and benefits programs
Module 5: Employee and Labor Relations
- Employee and labor relations legislation
- Union organizing and collective bargaining
- Unfair labor practices
- Discipline and complaint resolution
Module 6: Risk Management
- Organizational risk
- Workplace safety, health, security, and privacy
- Risk management legislation
The course is designed for managers and staff with experience in general management or human resource management:
- HR professionals planning to take the PHR or SPHR certification exam
- PHR professionals seeking to “upgrade” their certification to SPHR
- Certified HR professionals needing credits for PHR /SPHR recertification
- HR practitioners seeking professional development to advance their careers
- Experienced managers who are new to the HR field
- Other mid-level managers pursuing a career change or promotion
- Individuals needing recertification credits
- Cancellations must be made no later than 2 weeks prior to the class in order to be eligible for a full refund.
- Registrants who fail to attend without giving proper notice are liable for the entire fee.
- Companies will be billed for registrants not canceling in the stated time frame.
- Substitutions may be made at any time.
Please visit http://www.hrci.org/Exam_Eligibility/for information regarding PHR/SPHR exam eligibility requirements.
SHRM Essentials of HR Management
Take an important step in your career with the SHRM Essentials® of HR Management.
Enhance your career and competitive edge with the SHRM Essentials of HR Management. Developed in conjunction with a team of leading HR experts, HR practitioners and legal counsel, the SHRM Essentials of HR Management Program will ensure you stay up-to-date with the ever-changing field of HR and understand new terms and regulations.
Key Takeaways of the SHRM Essentials Program
- Build your understanding of HR practices.
- Apply newly learned knowledge.
- Create a stronger alignment between your organizational and HR goals.
- Develop your career if you are not yet eligible or ready for the PHR/SPHR exam.
Who benefits from this program?
- New or junior practitioners who need to increase their knowledge base.
- Nontraditional HR staff members that perform HR as part of their job.
- Experienced HR practitioners looking for a refresher of newly enacted policies and legal compliance.
- New or experienced people managers interested in learning more about efficient and capable employee-management skills.
- International HR practitioners wishing to increase their knowledge of fundamental U.S. HR practices.
How does your organization benefit?
By having an effective HR department or staff member that is able to assist in developing a workforce capable of meeting organizational goals by:
- Helping the organization respond to change.
- Creating an effective match between people and positions.
- Fostering employee commitment and performance.
- Complying with federal and state laws to protect against potential litigation.
The SHRM Essentials® of HR Management provides knowledge and skills you can use immediately. It addresses six key human resource management practices, which are compiled into one comprehensive course book for easy reference.
Module One: Human Resource Management
This module answers the question "What is human resource management?"
Module Two: Employment Law
This module explains the key pieces of federal legislation with which an organization must comply.
Module Three: Recruitment and Selection
This module examines several important aspects of staffing and focuses on how to determine the best match between the job and the candidate.
Module Four: Compensation and Benefits
This module discusses key aspects of a total compensation system.
Module Five: Employee Development
This module discusses the purpose of employee orientation, onboarding, and training and development.
Module Six: Performance Management
This module discusses the purposes and types of performance evaluation systems and maps out the evaluation process.
HR Recertification Training
Once you have passed the PHR/SPHR/GPHR HRCI exam, you will need to stay up to date on developments in the human resources field. The following courses are available to assist HR professionals in meeting that goal.
- Essentials of Leadership
- Building an Environment of Trust
- Creating a Service Culture: The Service Leader’s Role
- Reviewing Performance Progress
- Setting Performance Expectations
Each of these sessions are 4 hours in length and can also be taken individually for professional development.
Click here for our current schedule of classes.
For addition information visit: http://bit.ly/SHRM